1. No fewer than 10 persons have been killed and several others injured after suspected herdsmen attacked Tse Iortyer, near Yelewata community in Guma LGA of Benue State.
The gunmen reportedly invaded the village around 8pm on Tuesday and set many houses on fire. Over 15 persons were equally injured in the attack, while several others are still missing.
2. Many were Tuesday feared killed as bomb exploded in a Mosque at Mubi town , Adamawa. The explosion occurred at a mosque in Wuro-Burode near yan Gwajo axis. The blast occurred Tuesday afternoon while worshippers were holding Zuhr (Afternoon ) prayer.
3. Ebikimi Okoringa, Special Adviser to Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, was Tuesday shot dead by suspected gunmen. Okoringa was killed at his hometown in Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of the state. It was gathered that the deceased was attacked and killed at about 10pm on Monday.
4. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo-led Coalition for Nigeria Movement, CNM, has slammed President Muhammadu Buhari over a write-up where he (Buhari) blamed his predecessors of completing few projects and stealing billions of dollars. CNM said it was certain the President did not write the article himself but added that Buhari was known for blaming past governments. The spokesman, Akin Osuntokun, said it was typical of Buhari to blame everyone but himself.
5. There was a report on Tuesday that fire gutted the headquarters of the Central Bank of Nigeria in Abuja, but the CBN immediately denied the report, saying that passersby were deceived by the pall of exhaust from a generator house. This was contained in a statement issued by Ag. Director, Corporate Communications, Isaac Okorafor.
6. Ahmad Salkida, a journalist known to have access to Boko Haram leadership has admitted that his only regret in reporting the insurgency is that he turned down several requests to interview its leader, Abubakar Shekau. He added that if the opportunity comes again, he would not hesitate to accept it.
7. President Muhammadu Buhari has admitted that his administration still has a lot of work to do. The President noted that his administration needed to build on the gains it had made in fighting terrorism in the North-East and in attaining peace in the Niger-Delta region. Buhari made this known in an opinion he wrote which was published by NewsWeek on Monday.
8. The Christian Association of Nigeria has commended the President of the United State, Donald Trump for condemning the killing of Christians in Nigeria. CAN in a statement issued by its spokesman, Pastor Bayo Oladeji, noted that Trump told Buhari the right thing to do. He, however, said if Buhari does not sit up and protect Christians, they will defend themselves.
9. President Muhammadu Buhari has said he is not convinced state police is the solution to solving insecurity challenges in the country. Buhari said that states are not financially stable to support the police as according to him, most of the states still owe salaries of workers.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday in the United States of America (USA), spoke again on a letter written to him by former President Olusegun Obasanjo. According to Buhari, the statement was “abusive”. Buhari said despite perceiving the letter as abusive, he refrained from replying in kind, but asked his information minister to highligh his achievements.