The authorities of the Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST) Wudil, has ordered the closure of the tertiary institution for two weeks following students’ protest on Wednesday night over the death of their colleague.The deceased, a 300 level student, Faruk Abubakar was drowned in River Wudil on Wednesday.Prof Shehu Alhaji-Musa, the Vice-Chancellor of the University, disclosed this while briefing newsmen in Wudil on Thursday.He said the University Senate had declared Thursday, May 3 and Friday May 4 as lecture free days to mourn the deceased student.According to him, the students were expected to go on mid-semister break from Monday, May 7 to Friday, May 18.He said, “The incident coincided with the mid-semester break hence our decision to close the school to students and entire school community to observe two days mourning after which the students proceed on the break“.The VC said the students had been directed to vacate the campus before closing hours of (today) Thursday, May 3.According to him, three students went to the River on Wednesday to swim but were warned by the security not to go into the River.“You know students; they refused to heed to the advice and as a result the three of them drowned.“The University had blocked all access roads to the River but the three students insisted that they must go and swim,” he said.Alhaji-Musa said soon after the incident, the University mobilised a rescue team which rescued two of the students while the remaining one is yet to be recovered.He said the students who protested damaged some properties belonging to the University.“Even though no much damage was done to properties but the university is taking all necessary measures to put things in order,” he said.News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that as at the time of filing this report, students were still trying to meet the deadline of vacating the school premises before the closing hours.
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Lagos, Nigeria Apr 26, 2018Full time Customer ServiceJOB DESCRIPTIONUnited Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Graduate Customer Service Officers.The Position is based in Nigeria.Reference No: UBAAbuja/NorthCentralCSO/FTO2018Location: North Central, Nigeria: Municipal Area Council, Abuja (FCT), Nigeria; Makurdi, Benue, Nigeria; Lokoja, Kogi, Nigeria; Ilorin South, Kwara, NigeriaContract Type: PermanentJob Functions: BankingIndustries: Financial ServicesJob ObjectiveTo ensure the business office provides excellent quality banking service to all customers.To maintain contact with new and existing customers on routine account management activities.To engage customers in cross selling of the bank’s products and services including E-salesRole and ResponsibilitiesCustomer Relations Management/Sales:Proactively develop client relationships, anticipate and provide solutions to client needs and give high priority to client satisfaction.Accurately assess the risk profile, suitability and appropriateness of clients when marketing the banks products and services by maintaining an accurate and up to date call report, KYC database.Sale to prospective customers UBA’s E-banking products, enrol new customers, and resolve related issues.Engage customers to cross sell bank products and servicesIncrease product sales, and customer loyalty by maintaining good client relationship.Open and maintain accounts in accordance with the established procedures. Apply regulatory requirements such as KYC, Money laundering Prevention procedures at all times.Accomplish tasks efficiently by showing concern for all aspects of the job, pay attention to detail and ensure that output is delivered at the highest possible standardEnsure that the customer’s instructions are duly effected by applying all standard checks and controls, coordinating with other department including head office operations and compliance.Ensure proper documentation for all new and existing accounts.Ensure timely opening of new accounts on the system.Support branch sales and service team.Cheque book issuance and maintenance.Dormant account reactivationMeeter/GreeterCustomer Service Ambassador:Service ImprovementEnsure that all walk-in customers are directed to the right counters, assisted in completing transactions, and serviced efficiently.Service Issues Resolution:Answer all customer queries, resolve ‘on the spot’ service issues; escalate to BOM, issues that cannot be handled on the spot.Follow up customers with pending cases, and keep him/her informed.Compile and publish customer satisfaction score dailyDownload Customers’ issues from the Group Response Portal (GRP) and monitor resolution of issues logged against the branch through the Business Office staff.Requirements Educational Qualification:Minimum Educational level - B.Sc. in any related disciplineAge: 27 years and belowExperience (Optional):Prior experience in banking operations is highly desirableRelevant banking experience preferably supporting retail customersSales knowledge, skill & experience (added advantage)Knowledge:Sound knowledge of Banking products and servicesGood understanding of the operational, credit and regulatory risks facing the businessBusiness Development and acquisitionKey Skills:Excellent customer service orientationHigh level of integrityGood verbal & written communication skillsSelling skillsFocused, Motivated & Results OrientedPaying attention to detailsGood interpersonal skillsFast and error-free processingStrong problem resolution skillsSelling & Marketing Skills
The Lagos State Government has sacked five officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, for various forms of offenses ranging from extortion, harassment and violation of Lagos State Public Service Rules.General Manager, LASTMA, Olawale Musa disclosed this on Thursday, saying that the agency recommended five of the unruly officials for dismissal and demoted 14 others, adding that 15 others were issued letters of warning, while three were exonerated after careful investigations.“The affected officers appeared in the month of April before the Personal Management Board (Discipline) to defend and make presentations on various actions that bothered on indiscipline against them,” the agency said.Musa further condemned incessant attacks on traffic officials by motorists, especially commercial drivers.“It was disheartening, callous and barbaric seeing a LASTMA official, Olanrewaju Yusuf stabbed on duty at Onipanu last week Wednesday while performing a lawful duty, by a driver of commercial yellow bus with registration number EPE 714 XP for picking passengers at undesignated place and conductor hanging at the door.“I would like to use this medium to call on motorists to always report erring officials to the agency and not adopt self help as anybody caught attacking officials of the agency would face full wrath of the law,” Musa said.He also appealed to motorists plying routes where major construction works were ongoing to exercise patience and comply with traffic directive, adding that the projects, upon completion, would make traffic congestion being experienced on the roads to become a thing of the past.“Let me appeal to motorists plying the routes where construction activities are ongoing to bear with us and comply with instruction by traffic personnel on the roads. The projects will ultimately contribute to free flow of traffic as well as boost economy and commerce.“Also, the construction of the BRT corridor along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway will not narrow the road size as being anticipated by some motorists, but it would rather enhance the road capacity to accommodate more vehicles and improve free flow of traffic at completion,” Musa added.
President Muhamamdu Buhari on Wednesday begged Nigerian journalists to report fairly.
He said while he would provide a conducive environment for media practitioners to do their work, they should note that the responsibility was reciprocal.
He added that journalists should be mindful of fairness, justice, and national interest at all times.
Buhari said these in a message made available to journalists by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, to commemorate the World Press Freedom Day which is observed on May 3 of every year.
Speaking on this year’s theme, “Keeping Power In Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law,” the President re-affirmed commitment to an atmosphere in which the media is free from harassment or any form of attack in the exercise of the profession, within the ambit of the law.
“The media can count on us to keep our words, but we also want to be fairly reported. The media should hold ethics of the noble profession sacrosanct, and be wary of those bent on causing disaffection in the country,” Buhari said.
He said, “The world is in the throes of animosities generated by fake news and hate speech, often spawned by some media, particularly the digital variant called social media.
“On this World Press Freedom Day, those involved in the negative antics should reflect, and ponder how some countries have been thrown into a tailspin by irresponsible use of the media.
“We have no other country than Nigeria, and what we make of it is what we get.”
He urged them to be fair to all, irrespective of who is involved.
“As we approach general elections next year, let our journalists resolve to report the process fairly and without bias, irrespective of who is involved. That would be the very essence of World Press Freedom Day,” the President said
Liverpool were beaten 4-2 by Roma in the second leg of their Champions League semi-final clash on Wednesday night.
They have, however, qualified for the final where they will take on Real Madrid.
The Reds travelled to Italy with a healthy 5-2 lead from the first leg at Anfield and extended it at the Stadio Olimpico through Sadio Mane’s early goal.
James Milner’s own goal gave Roma a lifeline, before Gini Wijnaldum made it 2-1 for Jurgen Klopp’s men.
Seven minutes into the second half, Edin Dzeko poked in another leveller on the night.
Radja Nainngolan netted twice in the last five minutes, but it was not enough for the Serie A side.
The final will be played in Kiev on May 26.
1. No fewer than 10 persons have been killed and several others injured after suspected herdsmen attacked Tse Iortyer, near Yelewata community in Guma LGA of Benue State.
The gunmen reportedly invaded the village around 8pm on Tuesday and set many houses on fire. Over 15 persons were equally injured in the attack, while several others are still missing.
2. Many were Tuesday feared killed as bomb exploded in a Mosque at Mubi town , Adamawa. The explosion occurred at a mosque in Wuro-Burode near yan Gwajo axis. The blast occurred Tuesday afternoon while worshippers were holding Zuhr (Afternoon ) prayer.
3. Ebikimi Okoringa, Special Adviser to Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, was Tuesday shot dead by suspected gunmen. Okoringa was killed at his hometown in Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of the state. It was gathered that the deceased was attacked and killed at about 10pm on Monday.
4. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo-led Coalition for Nigeria Movement, CNM, has slammed President Muhammadu Buhari over a write-up where he (Buhari) blamed his predecessors of completing few projects and stealing billions of dollars. CNM said it was certain the President did not write the article himself but added that Buhari was known for blaming past governments. The spokesman, Akin Osuntokun, said it was typical of Buhari to blame everyone but himself.
5. There was a report on Tuesday that fire gutted the headquarters of the Central Bank of Nigeria in Abuja, but the CBN immediately denied the report, saying that passersby were deceived by the pall of exhaust from a generator house. This was contained in a statement issued by Ag. Director, Corporate Communications, Isaac Okorafor.
6. Ahmad Salkida, a journalist known to have access to Boko Haram leadership has admitted that his only regret in reporting the insurgency is that he turned down several requests to interview its leader, Abubakar Shekau. He added that if the opportunity comes again, he would not hesitate to accept it.
7. President Muhammadu Buhari has admitted that his administration still has a lot of work to do. The President noted that his administration needed to build on the gains it had made in fighting terrorism in the North-East and in attaining peace in the Niger-Delta region. Buhari made this known in an opinion he wrote which was published by NewsWeek on Monday.
8. The Christian Association of Nigeria has commended the President of the United State, Donald Trump for condemning the killing of Christians in Nigeria. CAN in a statement issued by its spokesman, Pastor Bayo Oladeji, noted that Trump told Buhari the right thing to do. He, however, said if Buhari does not sit up and protect Christians, they will defend themselves.
9. President Muhammadu Buhari has said he is not convinced state police is the solution to solving insecurity challenges in the country. Buhari said that states are not financially stable to support the police as according to him, most of the states still owe salaries of workers.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday in the United States of America (USA), spoke again on a letter written to him by former President Olusegun Obasanjo. According to Buhari, the statement was “abusive”. Buhari said despite perceiving the letter as abusive, he refrained from replying in kind, but asked his information minister to highligh his achievements.
The West African Examinations Council, WAEC, has reacted to reports that it collaborated with fraudulent websites to leak question papers through syndicates to candidates.
The Council’s Head of Public Affairs, Mr Demianus Ojijeogu, in a statement said the question papers for the ongoing WASSCE for school candidates , 2018, did not leak as reported in the media.
According to him, leakage could be said to have occurred when question papers got into the hands of individuals who were not supposed to have them before the time scheduled on the timetable.
He said, “WAEC monitoring and investigations of the ongoing examination have established the fact that certain school principals, invigilators, supervisors and candidates who had succeeded in smuggling mobile phones and other electronic devices into the examination hall, snap the question papers after the examination must have commenced and forward to their criminal collaborators who in turn provide solutions to the questions and send to their subscribers via rogue websites, sms, WhatsApp and other social media.
“In several cases during our monitoring and investigations, it was discovered that question papers of previous examinations were photoshopped by this despicable elements to scam gullible candidates who patronize their rogue websites and WhatsApp platforms.
“Therefore, we took the following measures to ensure that question papers do not find their way out of the examination hall and that solutions do not get to the subscribing candidates in the examination hall.
“Thorough searching of the candidates before entering the examination hall; banning of supervisors and invigilators from taking their mobile phones and other electronic devices into the examination hall; briefing of school principals on their liability should any of their candidates be caught with mobile phones or other electronic devices in the examination hall; cancellation of entire results of candidates that brought mobile phones and other electronic devices into the examination hall.
“An effective solution to the menace of rogue websites can either be the jamming of mobile networks within a specified radius in and around the examination halls or the shutting down of the internet throughout the country during the period of the examination as has been done in some countries but those are beyond the powers of the council.
“It is worthy of note that the council has the capability and capacity to detect and punish candidates who must have benefited from the fraudulent activities of the operators of rogue websites and WhatsApp platforms.”
Barcelona won laliga the seventh time in 10 years, FC Barcelona has won the La Liga crown, further cementing a historic run that began in the 2008/09 season. With a long of sheer dominance, Barça now has twenty five La Liga trophies to its name.
This is even more impressive than any before it.They won the Laliga with unbeaten record which has not happen before, with the 4-2 win against Deportivo extending this season’s league unbeaten start to 34 games, now putting its overall La Liga undefeated streak at a record-extending 41 games, dating back to last season.
Furthermore, the 2017/18 La Liga title is the first for Ernesto Valverde and the ninth for both the captain Andrés Iniesta and Leo Messi, who now have 32 titles overall. Meanwhile, Gerard Piqué and Sergio Busquets now have seven La Liga titles apiece, and 27 overall.
But Barça hasn’t just been dominant in La Liga, the team has also been a juggernaut in the Copa del Rey. In the last 10 seasons, Barça has won 13 of the two competitions combined — six Cups and seven leagues. Moreover, this season represents the eighth time in Club history that Barça has won both, commonly referred to as the domestic double. The seven prior doubles came in 1951–52, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1997–98, 2008–09, 2014–15, and 2015–16
1. Real Madrid Boys: They only go in for expensive ladies (Galacticos). When they set their eyes on you, you will fall for them. Their offers are very tempting and sweet to go by. When you are with them and you easily flop, they will fire you quickly.
2. Barcelona: These kinds of guys will always make you feel at home. As a lady, you count yourself lucky. They will do whatever possible to always make you smile and feel proud. Even if it requires cheating to make you happy, they will do that at all cost.
3. Athletico Madrid: These guys love ladies with an aggressive heart. No loose marking and would try whatever means to defend their relationship. If you are a lady and you fall in love with them, forget about break up, they will defend it till the end.
4. Arsenal: They are kinda of lovely guys Always play a lovely role, but when the relationship is getting excited and you expect them to deliver results, they will easily disappoint you. They are specialists in breaking hearts.
5. A.C Milan: These guys brag to ladies based on what they achieved in time past. But currently, their pockets might be dry.
6. Chelsea: The prestige and swag are there. They have patience for their girls when they fell in love with you very well. They can keep you forever and ever. They simply need a type of Lady that can bring smiles and glory to their faces. They are hungry for success.
7. Liverpool: They don't know what kind of lady they actually want. Their youthful days were bright, but they are seriously battling for the kind of lady that can help make them successful one more time. However, they are the fine guys' ladies want and they never give up to break up until the very end.
8. Manchester United: These guys can date like ten times a year. They easily take a girl and easily break up with them. They have no nonsense heart for a relationship. They are quick tempered in nature. Ladies that date them know very well that their future is risky.